Smokin’ hot kitchen units

When I moved into my new place I had to gut my kitchen because of a cockroach infestation! Luckily I already had big plans for the 1930’s kitchen and before I moved in, had bought two kitchen units. In a previous post [momentum of the mundane] I was proud of myself for making the effort to paint them, despite depression’s lack of interest and energy.

Well, Vic this is for you! I’m following up on your interest to see the before and after.

kitchen server - before

kitchen server – before

kitchen-unit-after

kitchen server – after. I used a water-based wood sealant which paints a transparent white so the wood grain is still visible. I did three coats on this one because I will use this for the cooking area (when I start cooking of course)

kitchen island – after.  I did three coats on the top because I'd be handling food there as well.  But I kept a white-wash finish on the sides which shows off more of the wood grain.

kitchen island – after. I did three coats on the top because I’d be handling food there as well. But I kept a white-wash finish on the sides which shows off more of the wood grain.

Advertisements

4 comments

Say what you mean, and mean what you say

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s