I’m a first time blogger. I began my blog recently, in an attempt to help my healing process. In an attempt to connect with others and find solace in the reality that many others wrestle with demons similar to mine. It was with fear and trepidation that I launched myself head first into the realms of the internet’s blogging culture. Here I have discovered a world of incredible people – talented, courageous, intelligent, passionate and unique – who have accepted me warmly and without question. Judgment does not reside here. Only empathy, encouragement, inspiration, concern, support and laughter.
Marie Abanga http://marieabanga.com/ named me as one of her nominees for The Liebster Award. I was incredulous and daunted. After some contemplation, I decided it was time to sweep my low self-worth issues under the “red carpet” for just right now, step outside my comfort zone and embrace the sentiment that drives this award. In the spirit of courage, hope and perseverance, I not only accept the award, but will have great joy in paying it forward.
The Liebster Award recognizes new, up and coming bloggers who have a certain number of followers, ranges from 200 to 3000. Liebster is German meaning “beloved” “sweetest” “dearest”. Essentially, I like to view this award as acknowledging some of the “sweetest” bloggers who connect their blogs to their viewers in a welcoming and hearty fashion.
If you wish to accept this award, the following guidelines are below. There is no pressure to accept the award. I find your blog genuine and would like you to know that I value your honesty and content.
The steps for The Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award!
Marie, thank you so much for sharing this award with me. It has given me much joy and hope. And I can’t wait to be able to pay it forward!
2. Add The Liebster Award logo to your post and blog.
3. Answer 10 questions provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers for the award and notify them.
**These are the general guidelines. With that being said, you do not have to do the full amount to accept the award. You can answer and/or ask only one question, nominate one person, whatever you feel comfortable doing. ** (This I love most because I know many don’t have time to do them awards ‘school’).
These are Marie’s questions and I choose to answer all of them:
1. If you were stranded on an island and only had 3 things, what would they be?
Solar panels, iPad, vegetable garden
2. If you could change one thing about your country, what would it be?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Uhhhh, boob job, lose weight, gain waist….. the list can go on and on. But if I’m to be honest, surprisingly I actually wouldn’t change a thing (gasp!). This is exactly who I’m meant to be. And I’ve worked too damn hard coming to terms with and accepting ‘me’. Gosh! Don’t tell anyone, but I think I might be developing some self esteem! Shhhhh….
4. If you could try something new today, what would it be?
5. What is your life mantra?
I have many….my favourite is “I’m the bravest person I know”
6. What is your biggest fear in life?
Dying alone and abandoned in an old age home where I’m beaten daily
7. If you could have dinner with one person (alive or deceased) who would it be and why?
I love Jared Leto (30 Seconds to Mars) as a musician and artist. I would love to dissect his lyrics and short films. The reasoning behind what he presents
8. What is one thing you are proud of?
FINALLY leaving my husband, The Alcoholic, after 15 years of marriage. And, on my own, starting all over again from scratch
9. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
The temples and pyramids in Yucatan, Mexico
10. Name a song that describes your life in a nutshell.
It’s Amazing – by Aerosmith. If you take the time to listen to the song – I haven’t seen that light yet but I know one day I will. I have no idea whether or not I’ll be alright, I can only persevere with dignity. Everything changes constantly, nothing stays the same. My learning will only end the day I am dead.
I have 5 nominees. Each has brought about a change in my thinking, behaviour or attitude, and should they wish to accept the nomination, I pose the same questions to you:
1. Bipolar On Fire http://bipolaronfire.com was my very first follower. And when I deleted my first site in an act of self-sabotage, and created a new one, she followed me again! Woohooo!
2. Life In A Bind http://lifeinabind.wordpress.com/ has recently given me a completely different perspective on the topic of ‘expectations’.
3. Lauren http://dont-want-to-exist.com/ and Sarah http://bloglostandfound.wordpress.com/, we all share an eating disorder, presenting in different ways. Thanks to Lauren, I’ve gained a deeper understanding of my recovery from anorexia – truthfully, lack of recovery.
4. Sarah http://bloglostandfound.wordpress.com/ is a superwoman – unaided, she has achieved recovery, and maintained it. I marvel that she has overcome this thing called ‘weight’.
5. SheketEchad http://sunflowersolacefarm.wordpress.com/ blog offers an uplifting variety of content, routinely posted like clockwork, despite a gruelling work commitment and the unexpected loss of her husband a few years ago. With an eye for nature and appreciation of the arts, her blog is pure joy.
Check out their wonderful blogs